Disaster recovery checkpoints from Runge CIO, Scott Henderson:
- Use multiple layers of protection
- Understand how people use IT
- Business continuity is not just a process, procedure or structural thing — it involves people
- Don’t put your business continuity plan on the shelf . You need active management rather than an expensive paper weight
- What was right five years ago is not necessarily OK today — things change
- The IT department needs to be easy to do business with
- Reference all areas, physical and software — it might not just be a system crash, it could be a building collapse — be aware of security in all circumstances.